Static Black is a striking handmade masterpiece crafted by Helena Martin in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, and backed with a certificate of authenticity. The pattern you see is essentially scratched into the surface of the metal with masterful control of artistic grinding techniques. The metal artwork is then painted with semi-transparent acrylic paints, which allows ambient light to pass through and create an almost holographic effect as it reflects off the grooves of the grind pattern. This remarkably technical composition is referred to as an original multiple, as the hand-crafted design is very closely replicable by the artist, but with enough natural, subtle variations to make it truly unique. This original abstract art features something of a electricity scene, behind semi-transparent hues of charcoal, black, pewter, metallic, etc. with an attractive high gloss finish. The aluminum is rather lightweight so the artwork easy to hang from the metal sawtooth brackets on back, and is even suitable for indoor/outdoor placement due to the weather and fade resistant finishes. This stunning wall art is an instant conversation piece and crowd pleaser in any contemporary setting.
- Size/Style: Large - 60W x 24H x 1D (inches) - Original Abstract Art on Ground and Painted Metal
- Detail: Original multiple series with intricate grind patterns applied by hand. Each piece is individually painted with semi-transparent acrylic paints, topped with a durable clear coat finish, and sanded and buffed for a smooth, glass-like surface.
- Made in USA: 100% crafted from start to finish in our Cincinnati art studio. Certificate of Authenticity and 1 Year Manufacturer Parts Warranty included.
- Mounting: Hangs easily from nails, screws, hooks or french cleats with sawtooth brackets and padded spacers on back; artwork will float about 1/2in off wall. Lightweight aluminum substrate.
- Finish/Care: Suitable for indoor/outdoor use; weather and fade resistant finish. Artistic high gloss finish on ground and painted metal. Easy cleaning: wipe with soft/clean cotton cloth; use warm water & mild hand/dish soap if needed.