Milky Way Static is a striking handmade masterpiece crafted by Helena Martin in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, and backed with a certificate of authenticity. The coloring is an artistically altered compilation of NASA photography applied in rich acrylic inks and sandwiched between two layers of a glossy clear coat. Behind the colors, the surface of the metal is carefully ground by hand, so the precise pattern you see in the background has an almost holographic effect as ambient light passes through the colors and reflects off the grooves of the grind pattern. This remarkably technical composition is referred to as an original multiple, as the hand-crafted elements are closely replicable by the artist, but with enough natural, subtle variations to make it truly unique. This original abstract art features a nebula scene, applied in semi-transparent hues of teal, cool tones, turquoise, metallic black, etc. on ground and colored metal with an attractive high gloss finish. The aluminum is rather lightweight so the artwork easy to hang from the metal sawtooth brackets on back, and is even suitable for indoor/outdoor placement due to the weather and fade resistant finishes. This stunning wall art is an instant conversation piece and crowd pleaser in any contemporary setting.
- Size/Style: Large - 60W x 24H x 1D (inches) - Original Abstract Art on Ground and Colored Metal
- Detail: Original multiple series with intricate grind patterns applied by hand, high resolution giclee printed acrylic inks with rare, true-flatbed application, durable clear coat finish, and sanded and buffed for a smooth, glass-like surface.
- Made in USA: 100% crafted from start to finish in our Cincinnati art studio. Certificate of Authenticity and 1 Year Manufacturer Parts Warranty included.
- Mounting: Hangs easily from nails, screws, hooks or french cleats with sawtooth brackets and padded spacers on back; artwork will float about 1/2in off wall. Lightweight aluminum substrate.
- Finish/Care: Suitable for indoor/outdoor use; weather and fade resistant finish. Artistic high gloss finish on ground and colored metal. Easy cleaning: wipe with soft/clean cotton cloth; use warm water & mild hand/dish soap if needed.