Fine Art Prints | 100% Made in the USA - specializing in unique mediums.
HD Abstract Art Prints
Art Files for Print
All of our fine art prints are made in-house in our studio in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. We can do satin-matte or high-gloss finishes. We have our own internally-designed collections, as well as carefully-curated collections from talented artists, photographers, and graphic designers from across the globe. Whether printing for our sales channels or providing prints to artists for their own distribution, Modern Crowd offers top-of-the-line, crystal-clear, large-format printing services for artists of all types and genres.
Large Format Printing | Virtually Limitless Size, Material & Quantity Options
That's our baby! We can print on just about anything, any size, any quantity...
In 2021, Modern Crowd welcomed in the newest member of our fabrication family when we purchased a brand new HP R1000 large format printer, and retired the Canon Océ Arizona that had served us so well for the 5 years prior. Our new HP printer utilizes brilliantly colorful latex inks, a UV-curing process for resistance to sunlight and fading, a vacuum table for smooth and stable transition, and a crystal clear HD application on both rigid media (like metal, ACM and acrylic up to 2" thick) and rolled media (like canvas.) It also has significantly larger capabilities, with a 64" wide print bed, and virtually limitless length as the media is fed through on smooth rollers.
Our printer is truly the cream of the crop when it comes to artistic and commercial printing - it uses thick latex inks that can be built up and layered to essential
paint the image onto the surface at up to 1200dpi (dots per inch) and applies a latex overcoat for added protection and scratch resistance, both indoors and outdoors.
What are our capabilities..?
- Size: We can print individual panels up to 64"W and basically any length, and we can also span an image across multiple panels to create an overall display in limitless sizes. We also have access to a facility with a 10'x8' flatbed printer, and roll-to-roll grand format printing if needed for massive prints (like sports stadiums, skyscrapers, billboards, etc.)
- Quantity: Depending on the material, size and detail of a given print job, our large format flatbed printer can produce several hundred pieces per day in a typical work day, and we have other printing techniques that allow us to produce thousands of pieces in a week as well.
- Graphic Design: We offer in-house graphic design work to help generate, customize and format your imagery as needed to make sure you get the best quality image output for your print project.
What can we print on..?
- Metal Giclée Prints: Obviously a huge focus of ours is printing on metal, primarily aluminum and steel. Whether it be a wall art print or a logo sign for businesses, printing on metal is what really kicked this off for us. We can print transparent colors over swirl patterns in the metal to give a metallic and holographic effect, or we can print opaque colors to give a super vibrant, crisp display, and in both cases we can top it off with a glossy automotive finish to give it that spectacular "new car" finish that can really only be achieved with metal art. We call these ultra high resolution prints our "metal giclées."
- Gallery-Wrapped Canvas Giclées: Since we can print on media up to nearly 2" thick, we are able to print on pre-stretched gallery-wrapped canvases with internal wood frames, or we can print on rolled canvas to deliver either framed or unframed. With our ultra high definition printing capabilities we are able to produce spectacular giclée prints on canvas.
- ACM/Dibond Prints: Similar to metal prints, but rather than solid metal, ACM (aka Dibond®) is a panel commonly used in art and signs that is comprised of two very thin sheets of aluminum sandwiching a layer of dense polymer/plastic, created an ultra rigid panel with the visual aesthetics of a metal print, but lighter weight, cleaner finishes, and generally lower priced.
- Reverse-Print on Plexiglas/Acrylic: We can print on the backside of acrylic sheets to give the artwork some very interesting depth, a clean finish, and a naturally thick protective surface. This style of large format printing has also been popular for wall art, wall clocks and business signage.
- Wood Prints: We can print on fairly thick wood panels with very nice coloring and coverage. This is a great way to incorporate some natural elements, surface texture, and rustic style to an art or sign display.
In summary, our top of the line large format printer allows us to customize all of our own designs upon request, specialize in unique mediums, and open up our printing services at extremely competitive rates for commercial, corporate, hospitality, and large scale residential installations.
Please feel free to contact us for a quote.