With the 'Kiss' wood and metal sculpture you introduce a warm selection of natural hardwoods into your home, albeit with a contemporary twist. It is a brilliant 17 inch tall free-standing sculpture with a sense of elegance and weightlessness that will elevate your space and introduce a new level of sophistication and class. The broad curves and natural wood and metal tones give it a bit of a mid-century vibe. This modern wood sculpture is hand-crafted by Jackson Wright in Cincinnati, Ohio, with each piece featuring unique nuances due to the variations in grain, character, and hue of the natural woods. The body and base are built from hand-selected hard woods, including hickory, red, black walnut, poplar, and of course a steel pole. The wood slats are steam bent to shape, and the sculpture is sealed with two coats of semi-gloss lacquer finish.
The solid wood and metal and metal ribbons flex enough for some subtle kinetic movement, and the artistic semi-gloss finish is both attractive and easy to clean. It arrives fully-assembled and ready to place. An organic, unique statement piece like this will be the crowning jewel in your space, accommodating Modern Farmhouse, Rustic Lodge, Eclectic, Traditional and Contemporary decorating styles.
- Size/Style: Large 6W x 17H x 7D (inches) - Original, Handcrafted Piece. Modern Wood Sculpture Created from Hand-Selected Solid Wood and Metal
- Detail: Original wooden sculpture, artisan-crafted from solid wood block, layered strips of Walnut, Ash, Cherry and Poplar woods, and a steel support rod.
- Made in USA: Crafted by Jackson Wrightl in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. This is an 'Original Multiple' sculpture, meaning the design is reproduced by the artist, but the natural variations in wood grain, hue and character make every piece unique.
- Placement: Arrives fully assembled and ready to place on coffee table, end table, desktop, shelf, etc. Crafted from lightweight wood strips with padded feet below the base, so it will not damage surfaces.
- Finish/Care: Recommended for indoor use. Wood slats are steam bent and full sculpture is sealed with 2 coats of semi-gloss lacquer finish. Easy cleaning: wipe with soft/clean cotton cloth; use warm water & mild hand/dish soap if needed.