'Janis Joplin Declaration of Soul' is an artistic depiction of the musical icon, by American artist Mark Lewis. Mark's work has not only garnered its own international acclaim, but it also has fascinating relevance to the cultural and political history of the United States. Mark Lewis is the 10th Great Grandson of Richard Carder, who was one of the 23 signers of the first document in American history that severed both political and religious ties with England (the Portsmouth Compact in 1636) and formed a colony that would eventually become Portsmouth, Rhode Island. Mark is also one of only a few surviving relatives (and the last in his lineage) of baseball legend Cy Young, the winningest pitcher in MLB history. Due to these unique ancestral ties to such significant members of American history, combined with Mark's own artistic talent for painting and recreating famous photographs of Pop Culture icons, we believe that this piece is a sound investment for collectors of modern and contemporary American art.
This is an original limited edition art print on metal or plexiglass, with an edition size of 1249 in each medium. A signed and numbered Certificate of Authenticity will be included; the exact edition number you receive will depend on prior sales, and when the final number is sold the edition will be retired. The artwork comes ready to hang, with sawtooth brackets and spacers attached to the back.
- Size & Details: Large 22W x 32H x 1D (inches) Signed/Numbered Limited Edition Print. 1249 Total Edition Size; Will be Retired After Final Sale. Exclusive Celebrity Pop Art on Metal or Plexiglass
- Unique Artisan Techniques: High resolution giclee print on metal or plexiglass with UV cured acrylic inks. Rare, true-flatbed application for ultimate image clarity.
- Priceless Peace of Mind: Made in the USA, in our Cincinnati art studio. Includes Certificate of Authenticity, Color & Quality Guarantee, and Lifetime Manufacturer Parts Warranty.
- Simple Hanging: Lightweight material that hangs on drywall, wood, masonry, etc. using household nails, screws, hooks or french cleats with sawtooth brackets and padded spacers on back. Artwork will float about 1/2in off wall.
- Versatile & Low-Maintenance: Suitable for indoor/outdoor use (weather and fade resistant.) Artistic satin or high gloss finish on metal or plexiglass. Easy cleaning: wipe with soft/clean cotton cloth; use warm water & mild hand/dish soap if needed.